Liberation Museum package
This package includes:
- Coffee, tea and patisserie on arrival
- One night stay
- 1 x extensive breakfast buffet
- 1 x 3- course chef’s choice dinner in our restaurant
- Entrance ticket for the Liberation Museum
- Tourist information package of Nijmegen
- Entrance ticket for Holland Casino Nijmegen
- Complimentary use of the fitness- and wellness facilities in the hotel
The Liberation Museum is set in the beautiful landscape near Nijmegen, Arnhem and the German border, a unique location:
Operation Market Garden, the largest airborne operation in history took place here in September 1944 and Operation Veritable, the Rhineland Offensive, the final road to freedom in Europe, started from here in February 1945.
The museum brings the historical events of the liberation by the American, British, Canadian and Polish troops back to life. In the museum, you live through the period preceding the war, experience the occupation, celebrate the liberation and witness the rebuilding of the Netherlands and Europe after the war. Aromas, interactive presentations, diorama’s, models, original films and sound fragments captivatingly depict the liberation. The museum shows both young and old the current value and importance of democracy, freedom and human rights.